Please join us for cross country schooling days on our beautiful “North Country” hunt fixture this year on June 8 and August 31.
Come enjoy schooling our cross country fences (2’9” and under, with many small and inviting options for the green horse or rider), practice crossing creeks, and making your way down our trails through the woods and fields.
Registration will begin at 8 am and schooling will close at noon. The fee for each horse and rider is $35. If you would like to sign up for both at the first schooling day of the season, you will receive a discounted rate of $60 which will cover your cost for both days.
Maps of our trails will be provided to all participants and knowledgeable hunt members will be serving as outriders to help you find your way around our trails.
Schooling dates are June 8 and August 31.
Directions to the North Country can be found here:
We will have a “Shawnee Hounds” sign posted at the parking area on the schooling days.
– Please bring a current Coggins (within the last 12 months) for your horse
– All styles of tack are welcome.
– Helmets are mandatory for all riders.
– Casual/comfortable attire.
– Please bring water for your horse. There are multiple opportunities for your horse to drink from the creek along the trail, but no water back at the trailers.
Here are videos from last year’s schooling days: